Gucking Frooves


Hot damn, what is it now August? AUGUST? We're almost there, fall is almost here. Feeling good and grounded. Love is in the air (right?) and all that good stuff.

Lift that half-tanned arm and celebrate, debauch-like if you want! I guess I feel GOOD. Crazy what a little rest can do.

Watching Sunn O))) next week, then Geronimo, then Six Organs of Admittance later in the month. This has been the best summer ever. Full of surprises and special guests and visits. Los Angeles, amidst the gloom, the heat, the death of capitalism, you've done good this summer. I award you appreciation and above all, my love.


In return let me give you all a little somethin' somethin' - how about some gucking frooves? or Fucking grooves my babies.

Here's a little mix curtosy of one of my best pal WandyPants!!

ENJOY.

1. Lee Fields & The Expressions - Expressions Theme

2. Four Tops - Still Water

3. Mayer Hawthorne - Just Ain't Gonna Work

4. Whitefield Brothers - Eji

5. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Fish In The Dish

6. Curtis Mayfield - Pusherman

7. Menahan Street Band - Montego Street

8. Raphael Saadiq - Never Give You Up

9. The Revolution of St. Vincent - The Little You Say

10. Al Green - Sha La La

11. Betty Davis - I Will Take That Ride

12. Boris Gardiner - Negril

13. El Michael's Affair - Can It All Be So Simple

14. Ruth Brown - I Don't Know

15. Lee Fields & The Expressions - These Moments

16. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - 100 Days, 100 Nights

17. Curtis Mayfield - Gimme Your Love

18. Aretha Franklin - One Step Ahead

Mix by Wandala N.

0 comments:

Post a Comment